5925 Cove Road
Ph: (540) 777-8523
Fx: (540) 777-9769
The Roanoke County Emergency Communication Center is one of 8 public safety communication centers in Virginia to be nationally accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). The program has become the primary method for a communications agency to voluntarily demonstrate its commitment to excellence.
- CALEA Accreditation ensures internal and external reviews of agency polices, procedures, and processes.
- CALEA Accreditation strengthens agency and individual employee accountability through a continuum of performance standards.
- CALEA Accreditation limits agency liability and risk exposure through rigorous documentation, quality assurance, and organizational improvement requirements.
- CALEA Accreditation encourages strong relationships between the agency, other public safety agencies, and the community through commitments to first responder safety, efficient service delivery, and educational outreach.
- CALEA Accreditation provides verification of agency professional excellence.