Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional (CEDS)
Roanoke County Appointed Members
- Phil C. North, Elected Representative
Three-year term expires June 30, 2020
- Rebecca L. "Becky" Walter, Citizen Representative
Three-year term expired June 30, 2020
- Vacant Citizen Representative
The Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee shall support the ongoing economic development planning process in the Roanoke Valley - Alleghany Region, a region consisting of the Counties of Alleghany, Botetourt, Craig and Roanoke; the Cities of Covington, Roanoke and Salem and the Towns of Clifton Forge and Vinton.
The voting membership of the Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee shall not exceed 35 voting members. A simple majority (51%) of the members must be private sector representatives. The voting membership shall consist of:
- One elected official representative each from the Counties of Alleghany, Botetourt, Craig, Roanoke, The Cities of Covington, Roanoke and Salem; and the Towns of Clifton Forge and Vinton
- One representative from the Western Virginia Workforce Development Board
- One representative from the Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce
- One representative from the Alleghany Highlands Chamber of Commerce
- One representative from the Roanoke Valley Economic Development Partnership
- One representative from a chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- One representative from a labor union in the region
- One representative from either community college in the region
- One representative from either four-year higher education institution in the region
- A total of 18 private sector representatives
Each locality shall nominate two private sector representatives to represent that locality and must be a member of senior management or an executive holding a key decision-making position or that person's designee. The chief administrative official from each locality shall also serve as a technical advisor.
For More Information
If you have any questions or would like meeting details, please contact Mr. Wayne G. Strickland, Secretary to the Commission at 540-343-4417.