Roanoke County’s next election will be Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
The following office(s) will be on the ballot:
- Member of Congress, Virginia's 6th Congressional District
- Member of Congress, Virginia's 9th Congressional District
- Member, Vinton Town Council (for voters registered and residing in Precincts 403 - North Vinton and 404 - South Vinton ONLY)
Deadline to Register or Update Voter Registration – Monday, October 17, 2022
- In-person: Completed Voter Registration Applications must be delivered to our office in Vinton no later than 5:00 PM on the 22nd day prior to the election in which you wish to participate.
- Online: Completed Voter Registration Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or online via the Virginia Department of Elections’ Voter Information Portal by 11:59 PM on the 22nd day prior to the election.
- By Mail: Completed Voter Registration Applications must be postmarked at least 22 days prior to the election in which you wish to participate and received within 5 calendar days of that date (per Code of Virginia §24.2-416, 416.4(A)).
Absentee Voting Options
For more information on ways you can cast your ballot (absentee in-person, absentee by mail, absentee ballot drop off on Election Day) and relevant dates/deadlines, please visit our Absentee & Early Voting Page.
Polling Places for Election Day
Due to the completion of decennial redistricting, your polling place may have changed! Confirm or find your polling place by visiting Roanoke County’s Voter View Application and entering the residential address at which you are currently registered to vote in the search bar. A chart containing information for each voting precinct in Roanoke County and map of the County's revised precinct boundaries (effective upon approval of Roanoke County's Local Redistricting Plan by the Virginia Attorney General's Office, granted July 20, 2022) are available under the Documents & Forms page on our website. New voter precinct notices will be mailed to all voters by the Virginia Department of Elections and wallet-sized voter registration cards will be mailed by the County Department of Elections in the month of September.
Once available, sample ballots for the November 8, 2022 election will be uploaded to Roanoke County’s Voter View Application. To find your sample ballot, please enter the the address at which you are registered to vote in the search bar and press 'Enter' - you will be able to view your sample ballot, confirm your polling place for Election Day, and look up your elected officials.
For a prospective list of future elections, please view our prospective Schedule of Elections - 2020 to 2033. This list does not include any special elections that may be deemed necessary or guarantee that we will have a dual party primaries for both parties on the specified primary date(s).