If you will be absent from Roanoke County on Election Day or are physically unable to vote in person, you may apply for an absentee ballot. To qualify for an absentee ballot, you must have a qualifying reason and supporting information.
You can apply to vote absentee as early as one year before the election and you must apply for each election.
Obtain an Absentee Ballot
If you qualify to vote absentee, there are five ways to obtain an absentee ballot application:
- You can complete the application online through the Virginia Department of Elections.
- You can request an application from our office by calling 540-772-7500.
- You can complete an application in person at our office.
- You can download and send a completed application via fax at 540-772-2115.
- You can download and send a completed application via email at email@example.com
Absentee voting in person
The deadline for voting absentee in person is 5 p.m. on the Saturday preceding the election. Please bring your completed application to our office between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m, Monday through Friday, to vote in person.
Absentee voting by mail
The deadline for voting absentee by mail is seven days prior to the election. Please mail, fax or email your completed application to our office. Once processed, a ballot will be mailed to you.
Ballots that have been mailed must be returned by mail or personally brought into our office by the voter.
5204 Bernard Drive
Roanoke, A 24018
Email the Election Office
P.O. Box 20884
Roanoke, VA 24018-0089