Congratulations! You received a job offer. Please print the "Are you prepared for your new employee orientation (PDF)?" Checklist to guide you through the new hire process before reviewing the information below.
Important: Before your first day please review all information on this page. Please open and complete the New Hire Form below. Print one sided copies and bring all documents with you on your first day of employment. In addition, please review the Child Protective Services (CPS) section below to see if you are required to complete a CPS Background Check form.
The forms located here work best using a Windows computer with an Adobe PDF reader. iPhone/iPad and Android phones may not have the software to open and complete the forms and we cannot guarantee that they would work. If you need access to a computer as we suggested, we recommend you visit your local County of Roanoke Library. They have computers that have the ability to fill in the standard New Hire Forms. If you are having issues printing the New Hire Forms, you will have an opportunity to complete them on the first day of employment with your manager.
Please do not sign your documents until you attend the Benefit Orientation.
Child Protective Services (CPS) Background Checks
Child Protective Services Requirements
A Child Protective Services Background Check is required for employment if you receive a job with the following departments :
- Clerk of Circuit Court
- Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Court Services
- General Services (Custodian)
- Parks, Recreation and Tourism
- Regional Center for Animal Care and Protection (RCACP)
- Social Services
If this form applies to you, please review the CPS Form Instructions tab before completing the document located at the bottom of the instructions tab.
Important Instructions for the Child Protective Services form:
- Please do not sign this document until you attend the Benefits Orientation.
- This document must be printed on one page (2 sided, front and back).
- Complete part 1 only.
- Reflect information in every field.
- Reflect "N/A" if a field does not apply to you.
- Reflect your address for at least the last 10 years.
- Reflect a "?" if you do not know the answer to a field.
- Answer all questions completely and accurately by printing clearly in black ink or typing your answers. Failure to complete or print clearly may delay or deny your request. Given the nature of the form and the actions to be taken when received, the Office of Background Investigations shall not accept forms that have been altered in any fashion. Forms that contain correction tape or white-out will be returned.
- If a middle name is an initial, indicate "initial only" otherwise, enter a full middle name given at birth.
- For "other names used" list all previous names; nicknames, all previous married names, legal name changes, changes due to adoption, etc. Circle appropriate title description on the form.
- If additional space is needed to complete the form (i.e. providing information on addresses, spouses, and children) attach an 8 inch by 11-inch sheet of paper along with your form.
Roanoke County offers a benefit package that provides you with many options from which to choose. Please use the link below to learn about the benefits offered to eligible employees.