Blue Ridge Partnership for Workplace Violence Prevention
This interagency team consists of approximately 30 officers and individuals representing local police departments, businesses, industry, higher education institutions and health care providers in the Roanoke Valley. Our goal is to work with our businesses in the Roanoke Valley to identify potential workplace violence threats and to utilize all available assets to prevent any targeted violence incidents.
What is Threat Triage Assessment and How Can It Be Used to Help Prevent Workplace Violence?
The primary purpose of a threat assessment is to prevent targeted violence. The threat assessment process is centered upon analysis of the facts and evidence of behavior in a given situation. The appraisal of risk in a threat assessment focuses on actions, communications, and specific circumstances that might suggest that an individual intends to mount an attack and is engaged in planning or preparing for that event.
What the BRPWVP Offers...
- Assistance in setting up assessment teams within the requesting organization.
- Site/security assessment.
- Workplace violence/safety training.
- Individual/situation analysis to determine the potential for workplace violence.
Specific Issues the BRPWVP Can Assist With...
- Employee threats.
- Spouse/Partner/Domestic threats if threatening the workplace or employee while at work.
- Threats over Social Media directed at the business and/or employees.
- Threats to schools, colleges and universities (students and employees) who do not already have their own threat assessment protocol. We can provide manpower for existing teams if needed.
What We Don't Do...
- Professional judgement on supervisory personnel matters, such as hiring, retention, discipline or termination.
- Predictive profiling.
- Computerized Behavioral Analysis.
Documents and Resources
Become a Participating Business / Organization
Interested in finding out how your business or organization can help make your workplace safer? Email the Blue Ridge Partnership for Workplace Violence Prevention for more information.
- Carilion Clinic
- Roanoke County Police
- Roanoke City Police
- Salem City Police
- Vinton Police
- Virginia Western Police
Participating Businesses & Organizations
- Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
- Brambleton Business Association
- Carilion Clinic
- Court Community Corrections
- Freedom First Credit Union
- Friendship Health and Living Community
- Friendship Health-Rehab South
- Hollins University
- Integer (Lake Region Medical)
- Integrity Windows
- New Millennium Building Systems
- Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Roanoke City Schools
- Roanoke College
- Roanoke County Schools
- Salem City Schools
- Steel Dynamics
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- Virginia Western Community College
- Williamson Road Business Association