Notifications & Applications for Vendors
The previous County Email Notification System has been replaced with a more advanced system called "Notify Me" that will notify vendors of:
- Bid Tabs
- Sometimes Quotes According to
All vendors interested in receiving these notifications will need to sign up in the new "Notify Me". The sign up only requires an email address and/or a cell phone number for receiving text messages (if your phone is capable) and your choice of categories. Should a bid/rfp be posted for your category, you will receive an email and/or text message. You will also receive the notice of the addendums, bid tab and award for all bids/RFPs posted under your category.
The Vendor Payment Registration form is required to be completed only in order to receive payment for goods and/or services provided to the County/County Schools. The payment registration system will no longer be used for the notification of bids. Vendors previously registered through this system will remain as a payment vendor, but will need to re-register in the Notify Me to receive bid notices. Please get in touch with your department contact to be set up as a payment vendor.
W-9 Tax Form
All vendors who are registered in the system for payment of goods and services will be required to complete, sign, and send a W-9 Tax Form (PDF) to the:
County of Roanoke Finance Department
P.O. Box 29800
Roanoke, VA 24018-0798
A signed form may also be faxed to 540-561-2826 or scanned and sent by email to Finance.
Bidders and Professional Services Information
Formal Bid/Proposal Process: For purchases over $50,000, vendors will receive invitations to submit formal bids or proposals. In most cases, competitive bidding will be utilized. However, when expert knowledge is required to develop specifications or when professional services are sought, competitive negotiating (Request for Proposal / RFP) will be the method of source selection used.
Definition of Professional Services: Professional services are defined in the Roanoke County Procurement Code as work performed by independent contractors in accounting, actuarial services, architecture, land surveying, landscape architecture, law, medicine, optometry, pharmacy, psychiatry, psychology, or professional engineering.
Other Documents of Interest to Vendors
- Download our Vendor Guide (PDF) on how to do business with the County of Roanoke.
- Download our Purchase Order Terms and Conditions (PDF).
- Download our Standard Insurance Guidelines (PDF).
- Download the General Conditions for Submitting a Bid (PDF). In addition, there may be special conditions and requirements within and specific to each bid and/or changes to the general conditions that would supersede the linked documents.
- Download the General Conditions for Submitting a Proposal (PDF). These apply to all RFPs, however there may be special conditions and requirements within and specific to each proposal and/or changes to the general conditions that would supersede the linked documents.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the Purchasing Division at 540-772-2061.