Circuit Court Clerk's Office
For updates on the COVID-19 virus and our office, please see our COVID-19 Updates page.
Please note we are closed all state and federal holidays.
The Clerk of Circuit Court is one of five constitutional officers of Roanoke County elected by its voters to serve an eight-year term as the Circuit Court’s chief administrator.
- Recording deeds, surveys and other real estate-related documents
- Issuing marriage licenses and concealed weapon permits
- Processing divorces, adoptions and name changes
- Handling criminal, chancery, law and estate matters
- Maintaining court records and other records as provided by law
Criminal Fines & Costs
Effective 7/1/2021 the standard credit card convenience fee of $2.00 or 4% (whichever is greater) will be added to Online Criminal Payments.
Effective August 1, 2017, we now offer online payments for fines, fees, restitution, and court costs for traffic and criminal cases. Make a payment online.
Proposed Constitutional Amendments
- Please see our plan to resume jury trials. More information under the Jury Information & Details tab.
- Effective January 1, 2020, Tax map requirements for deed recordings have changed. Please see notices under Real Estate Records for information.
- Effective March 27, 2019, Due to increased banking regulations, we can no longer accept checks that have been altered in any way. This includes those who are authorized to sign the checks.
- Effective November 1, 2018 Deed Recording checks that are more than $25 over will no longer be able to be added to copy accounts or escheated.
- Effective April 2, 2018, We will no longer be able to accept online ordination certificates.
- Effective February 13, 2018 - The Roanoke County Law Library Fee of $4 has been repealed. Website fees reflect the change.
- Due to increased banking regulations, effective June 1, 2017, we will only accept checks that have been altered by those who are authorized to sign the check.
- Effective October 2010 electronic devices including cell phones, cameras, laptops are no longer allowed in the Courthouse.
- Please be aware that there is a monetary charge for copies made from this office.
- For any Freedom of Information Act FOIA inquiries, please contact Rhonda Perdue.