Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
In order to safeguard our community and slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Roanoke County Public Library will be closed. An end date has not been established for these changes, but we plan to return to regular operation as soon as conditions allow.
Call us at 540-777-8781 to reach our admin line. Library staff will be checking messages throughout the day, from 10am-5pm Monday-Saturday and from 1pm-5pm on Sundays.
RCPL has pulled together resources to help during these times: Resources for Resilience
We encourage you to use the library’s virtual resources remotely, which are available for free 24/7.
- Check your library card to view your account or renew items
- Download an eBook or eAudiobook with Overdrive and cloudLibrary
- Read a magazine with RBdigital
- Search our databases to learn a new language or skill, find your family history, and more
- Browse book recommendations with Novelist Plus
- Discover at-home activities for children
- All libraries will be closed until further notice
- No fines will be charged while libraries are closed
- Sign up for a library card to access our databases and eCollection
- No book donations will be accepted at this time
- WiFi is available in our parking lots and outdoor spaces
- All meeting room reservations from Monday, March 16 through Thursday, April 30 have been canceled and will be refunded if prepaid. Please contact your library location for a refund. Reservations after Thursday, April 30 2020 are still in place at this time.
- No new meeting room reservations, passport appointments, or notary appointments may be placed at this time.
- No 3D Printing or Interlibrary Loan requests will be accepted at this time.