Path to Reopening
Glenvar, Hollins, South County, and Vinton (reopening 11/30) are now open by reservation for County residents, Monday through Saturday from 10:00am-5:00pm, with visitors not to exceed 25% normal occupancy. Patrons may make reservations for one hour time slots via this website or by calling your favorite library location. Note: If you are reserving for a group, please give us a call.
The library will close for cleaning from 1:00pm-2:00pm each day.
Upon arrival, patrons will receive information about the new protocols. Masks are required for anyone over three years-old, and will be available for free at the library, along with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
Curbside and phone services are available the hours listed below.
South County* | Monday to Saturday: 10am to 5pm
Hollins, Glenvar*, and Vinton* | Monday to Saturday: 10am to 5pm
Bent Mountain | Wednesday: 10am to 2pm & Friday: 1pm to 5pm
Mt. Pleasant | Tuesday: 1pm to 5pm & Saturday: 10am to 2pm
*Drive-Thrus are available at South County, Glenvar, and Vinton
Need us on Sunday? Call us at 540-777-8781. We are answering the phone from 1pm to 5pm and will return voicemails in the order received.
The library will look a bit different and services will be limited.
- While in the library patrons may browse the collection, use computer stations, and seek staff help via a barrier or at 6-feet distance to abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Blue bins will be placed around the library for all items that have been handled but not chosen to take home.
- Meeting rooms and other enclosed spaces will remain closed.
- On-site programming will be limited to outdoors with social distancing requirements. For a list of upcoming events, please visit the library’s website.
- All virtual programming and curbside pick-up and drop-off of materials will continue.
We understand this is a challenging time for everyone, and we can't wait to welcome patrons back inside of our buildings. In the meantime, we are offering a wide array of programming and communicating via our website, and through virtual platforms and social media. We have increased our electronic materials, and are offering curbside delivery of our print and A/V materials. Our WiFi connections remain on, and can be reached in the area surrounding all of our locations.
Curbside Pickup and Drop-off Information
- Follow the signs in our parking lots. Cones will be located in designated curbside parking spots.
- We are mask friendly.
- No fines will occur until the library reopens to the public.
- Please allow seven days for materials to be removed from your account.
- We will have bins outside of the library and are NOT using the book drops or drive thrus.
- Please practice social distancing and stay 6’ from others when approaching the bins and holds pickup table.
- For returns: If you are unable to get out of your vehicle, please call the library and we will pick up your bagged or boxed items from your backseat or trunk. Items not in bags/boxes will not be taken.
- Place your holds by visiting our online catalog or giving your library a call during limited hours (see below).
- You will be contacted when your items are ready. Please do not come to the library until you have been contacted. Process could take up to seven business days.
- Once you are notified your holds are available, you will have 7 days to pick them up via curbside or walk-up services.
- Items are not due back until end of October, but please try to return materials in a 2-3 week period so that your friends in the community may enjoy them as soon as possible.