Vote Early In-Person or Drop Off Your Voted Absentee Ballot at the Following Locations During These Dates and Times
FROM SEPTEMBER 18TH THROUGH NOVEMBER 3RD:
Our regular office location at 900 Chestnut Street in Vinton, VA 24179 is open from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, and the two Saturdays prior to Election Day (October 24th and 31st), and until 7:00 pm on Election Day.
FROM OCTOBER 19TH THROUGH OCTOBER 31ST ONLY:
Our satellite office location at the Brambleton Center at 3738 Brambleton Avenue in Roanoke, VA 24018 will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Saturday.
VOTING OPTIONS FOR THE UPCOMING NOVEMBER 3, 2020 GENERAL ELECTION
All Roanoke County voters have three options for participating in the upcoming election. The deadline to Register to Vote or to update your Voter Registration is Tuesday, October 13 at 5:00 PM.
1. Vote Absentee by Mail.
- Submit your request to Vote Absentee online at vote.elections.virginia.gov, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail to P.O. Box 20884 Roanoke, VA 24018, or delivery to the Elections Dept. at 900 Chestnut St. Vinton, VA 24179.
- Call the Office of Elections at 540-772-7500 or email email@example.com to request an application.
- We will begin mailing ballots on Friday, September 18, 2020. The deadline to submit your request is 5:00 PM on Friday, October 23, 2020.
- Voters must return their marked ballots via US Postal Service, a commercial mail carrier, or deliver in-person to the Elections Dept. at 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton. Only the voter who requested the ballot may return it in person.
- If you request an absentee ballot by mail and decide to vote early in person or in-person on Election Day instead, you should bring your ballot with you; otherwise, you will need to vote provisionally.
- Ballots voted by mail must be postmarked on or before November 3, 2020 and received no later than 12 NOON on November 5, 2020.
2. Vote Early In-Person.
- At the Office of Elections, 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, from September 18 to October 30, 2020.
- At the Office of Elections, 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday, October 24 and Saturday, October 31, 2020.
- The new Office of Elections location offers voters improved ADA accessibility and ample space to accommodate increased participation in no-excuse absentee in-person voting.
- Renovations will permit staff to serve more than one voter at a time while allowing all parties to observe social distancing protocols.
- The office has plenty of parking and is all on one level, which makes it more manageable for staff to provide curbside voting services for voters with disabilities.
3. Vote In-Person at your Voting Precinct on Election Day.
- We hope to use as many of our regular polling places on Election Day as possible.
- Should COVID-19 render a building inaccessible, voters will receive prompt notification of the name and address of their temporary polling location.
*THE DEADLINE TO UPDATE YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION FOR THE NOV. 3 ELECTION IS 5 PM ON TUES., OCT. 13*