VOTE ABSENTEE BY MAIL
- Submit your request to vote absentee by mail online at vote.elections.virginia.gov or by downloading and completing a Virginia Vote by Mail Application Form, which you should then return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by regular mail to P.O. Box 20884 Roanoke, VA 24018, or by delivery to the Elections Dept. at 900 Chestnut St. Vinton, VA 24179.
- Call the Office of Elections at 540-772-7500 or email email@example.com to request an application. We begin mailing ballots no earlier than 45 days prior to Election Day and the deadline for our office to receive your completed request for a mail-in absentee ballot is 5 PM 10 days before Election Day.
- Voters must return their marked ballots via US Postal Service, a commercial mail carrier, or deliver in-person to the Elections Dept. at 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton. At this time, Virginia law only permits us to accept and count absentee ballots that are returned in person by the individual voters who requested them.
- If you request an absentee ballot by mail and later decide that you would rather vote early in-person at our office or at your regular precinct on Election Day instead, please bring the absentee ballot you received by mail with you; otherwise, you may need to vote provisionally.
- Ballots voted and returned by mail must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received no later than 12 NOON on the Friday after Election Day.
VOTE EARLY IN-PERSON
- ELECTIONS OFFICE: Vote early at the Office of Elections, 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton, from 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday starting 45 days before Election Day and from 9 AM to 5PM on Saturday, June 5. If you have requested your absentee ballot by mail and decided that you would rather vote early/absentee in-person instead, please remember to bring your unused mail-in ballot with you to the office.
- SATELLITE ELECTION OFFICE IN SOUTHWEST COUNTY: The Brambleton Center, located at 3738 Brambleton Avenue, will open as a satellite location for the Department of Elections. Voters can vote early in-person or drop off their completed absentee ballots. This location will be open from 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday, and from 9 AM to 5 PM on Saturday, the week prior to Election Day.
VOTE IN-PERSON AT YOUR VOTING PRECINCT ON ELECTION DAY
We hope to use as many of our regular polling places on Election Day as possible.
- Should COVID-19 render a building inaccessible, voters will receive prompt notification of the name and address of their temporary polling location.
- ELECTION DAY DROP OFF POINTS: Voters will also be allowed to drop off their completed mail-in absentee ballots at ANY Roanoke County polling location on Election Day. You may visit https://voterview.roanokecountyva.gov/VoterView/ to find the polling place closest to you.