Path to Reopening
Glenvar, Hollins, South County, and Vinton are now open by reservation for County residents, Monday through Saturday from 10:00am-5:00pm, with visitors not to exceed 25% normal occupancy. Patrons may make reservations for one hour time slots via this website or by calling your favorite library location. Note: If you are reserving for a group, please give us a call.
The library will close for cleaning from 1:00pm-2:00pm each day.
Upon arrival, patrons will receive information about the new protocols. Masks are required for anyone over three years-old, and will be available for free at the library, along with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
The library will look a bit different and services will be limited.
- While in the library patrons may browse the collection, use computer stations, and seek staff help via a barrier or at 6-feet distance to abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Blue bins will be placed around the library for all items that have been handled but not chosen to take home.
- Meeting rooms and other enclosed spaces will remain closed.
- On-site programming will be limited to outdoors with social distancing requirements. For a list of upcoming events, please visit the library’s website.
- All virtual programming and curbside pick-up and drop-off of materials will continue.
Curbside Pickup and Drop-off Information
- Follow the signs in our parking lots. Cones will be located in designated curbside parking spots.
- We are mask friendly.
- No fines will occur until the library fully reopens to the public.
- Please allow seven days for materials to be removed from your account.
- We will have bins outside of the library. Book drops and drive thru windows are available during operating hours.
- Please practice social distancing and stay 6’ from others when approaching the bins and holds pickup table.
- For returns: If you are unable to get out of your vehicle, please call the library and we will pick up your bagged or boxed items from your backseat or trunk. Items not in bags/boxes will not be taken.
- Place your holds by visiting our online catalog or giving your library a call during operating hours.
- You will be contacted when your items are ready. Please do not come to the library until you have been contacted. Process could take up to seven business days.
- Once you are notified your holds are available, you will have seven days to pick them up via curbside or walk-up services - or with your library reservation.
- Items are not due back until further notice, but please try to return materials in a two to three week period so that your friends in the community may enjoy them as soon as possible.