- Circuit Court Clerk's Office
- Juror Information & Details
Juror Information & Details
Please see our Roanoke County Jury Plan and Approval for resumption of jury trials.
Effective October 2010, electronic devices including cell phones, cameras, and laptops are no longer allowed in the Courthouse.
The Roanoke County Sheriff's Office does not ask for money by phone call or by mail. If you are contacted by anyone saying that they are calling because you are in contempt of court and need to send money, it is a scam! Please call the sheriff's office at 540-283-3145, or the Police Department at 540-562-3265.
Reporting for Jury Duty
All jurors should park in the gravel lot behind the convenience market at the corner of Thompson Memorial Drive, Clay Street and Craig Avenue.
You will then need to report by 8:15 a.m. to the entrance of courtroom number 3 on the second floor of the Roanoke County Courthouse located at:
305 East Main Street
Salem, VA 24153
Please be sure to have a valid form of identification with you and to allow time to pass through the security checkpoint at the courthouse's first floor main entrance. You should allow at least 15 minutes of additional time in order to report to courtroom number 3 by no later than 8:15 a.m.
For specific and up to date jury instructions (panel number, when to report, etc.), please call the Sheriff's Department answering service at 540-387-6228. For all other questions, please call the jury coordinator in the Roanoke County Circuit Court Clerk's office at 540-387-6261.
- For further information about the Circuit Court, please see the Virginia Supreme Court's website.
- For more information about jury service, see The Answer Book for Jury Service (PDF), published by the Virginia Supreme Court.
- Complete and submit your Juror Qualification Form online. The link will take you to the Jury Imaging screen where you will enter your badge number and ZIP code.