Laurel Mountain Driver Training Center
Roanoke County is proud to offer daily leases for the Laurel Mountain Driver Training Center to outside law enforcement agencies.
The Laurel Mountain Driver Training Center is a Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) approved facility for training law enforcement officers in the proper and safe methods of handling vehicles in a variety of road conditions.
Originally built for use by Roanoke County, the 30-acre training center includes a paved roadway, skid pad, classroom, and garage for minor maintenance and repairs. The Laurel Mountain Driver Training Center is managed by the Roanoke County Police Department. The center is the only training facility of its kind west of Richmond and is conveniently located just off Interstate 81 at Exit 132 in western Roanoke County.
Features and Courses
Closed and Private One-Mile Course
Multiple DCJS Approved Course Options
On-site DCJS Certified Driving Instructor
Reserve the Laurel Mountain Driver Training Center for your agency's next driver training session.
Agencies leasing the facility are responsible for providing:
- A DCJS Certified Driving Instructor
- Payment for lease
- Waiver of Liability and Insurance Documentation
- From Interstate 81, take Exit 132 (traveling northbound, turn left off exit ramp; if traveling southbound, turn right off exit ramp.
- Take the first road to the left (approximately 1/8th mile from I-81 – Twine Hollow Road) and continue straight on this road to the end.
- At end of road turn right through yellow pole gates.