Roanoke Valley Crisis Response Program
This interagency team consists of approximately 30 officers and individuals representing local police departments, businesses, industry, higher education institutions, and health care providers in the Roanoke Valley. Our goal is to work with our businesses in the Roanoke Valley to identify potential workplace violence threats and to utilize all available assets to prevent any targeted violence incidents.
Security Incident Report (SIR) / Make a Complaint of Threat
(Works best in Google Chrome)
What is a Security Incident Report (SIR) and How Can It Be Used to Help Prevent Workplace Violence?
The primary purpose of a Security Incident Report (SIR) is to prevent targeted violence. The threat assessment process is centered upon an analysis of the facts and evidence of behavior in a given situation. The appraisal of risk in a threat assessment focuses on actions, communications, and specific circumstances that might suggest that an individual intends to mount an attack and is engaged in planning or preparing for that event.
What the RVCRP Offers...
- Assistance in setting up assessment teams within the requesting organization.
- Site/security assessment.
- Workplace violence/safety training.
- Individual/situation analysis to determine the potential for workplace violence.
Specific Issues the RVCRP Can Assist With...
- Employee threats.
- Spouse/Partner/Domestic threats if threatening the workplace or employee while at work.
- Threats over Social Media directed at the business and/or employees.
- Threats to schools, colleges, and universities (students and employees) who do not already have their own threat assessment protocol. We can provide manpower for existing teams if needed.
What We Don’t Do...
- Professional judgment on supervisory personnel matters, such as hiring, retention, discipline, or termination.
- Predictive profiling.
- Computerized Behavioral Analysis.
Documents and Resources
- Security Incident Report (SIR) (PDF format)
- RVCRP Mission Statement and Guiding Principles (PDF format)
Become a Participating Business / Organization
Interested in finding out how your business or organization can help make your workplace safer? Email the Roanoke Valley Crisis Response Program for more information.
- Carilion Clinic
- Roanoke County Police
- Roanoke City Police
- Salem City Police
- Vinton Police
- Virginia Western Police
Participating Businesses & Organizations
- Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
- Brambleton Business Association
- Carilion Clinic
- Court Community Corrections
- Freedom First Credit Union
- Friendship Health and Living Community
- Friendship Health-Rehab South
- Hollins University
- Integer (Lake Region Medical)
- Integrity Windows
- New Millennium Building Systems
- Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Roanoke City Schools
- Roanoke College
- Roanoke County Schools
- Salem City Schools
- Steel Dynamics
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- Virginia Western Community College
- Williamson Road Business Association