Land Use Categories
Real estate in this use category must be devoted to the bona fide production for sale of livestock and/or crops useful to man. Land must be a five acre minimum with one or more of the qualifying uses:
Livestock Per 5 Acres
- 1 Cow
- 1 Horse (Pleasure Horses Do Not Qualify)
- 5 Sheep
- 66 Turkeys
- 100 Chickens
- 100 Other Fowl
- Field Crops: Hay, Corn, Wheat
Real estate devoted to the bona fide production for sale of fruits of all kinds, including:
- Nuts and Berries
- Ornamental Plants and Ornamental Products
Land must be a five acre minimum with one or more of the qualifying uses:
- Vineyard or Other Fruit Production
Real estate devoted to forest use includes standing timber and trees devoted to marketable timber production, which is maintained as to constitute a forest area under standards prescribed. Land must be a 20 acre minimum with one or more of the following qualifying uses:
- Productive Forest Land: Land devoted to forest use, which has well distributed commercially valuable trees that are accessible for harvesting.
- Nonproductive Forest Land: Land devoted to forest use, but not capable of growing crops of industrial wood because of inaccessibility or adverse site conditions such as steep mountain sides, heavily eroded areas or other conditions that prohibit the growth and harvesting of a crop of trees suitable for commercial use.
Real estate used to provide or preserve for park and recreational purposes for the public, conservation of land, water sheds or other natural resources, floodways, historic or scenic purposes or assisting in the character, direction and timing of community development or for public interest and consistent with the County's Comprehensive Plan.