- The Treasurer’s Office is closed to the public.
- You may contact us by calling (540) 772-2056 or emailing email@example.com.
- If you have received a Personal Property Tax Bill and have questions about your assessment or need to report a change, please contact the Commissioner of Revenue’s office.
- Payments may be made online via credit cards, eCheck, or U.S. postal service.
- Drop boxes are installed for your convenience for check payments ONLY at the following locations:
- Roanoke County Administration Center, 5204 Bernard Drive, Roanoke, VA, 24018
- Hollins Library, 6624 Peters Creek Road, Roanoke, VA, 24019
- In-person, non-credit card payments, are accepted Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the following Library drive-through windows:
- South County Library, 6303 Merriman Road, Roanoke, VA, 24018
- Glenvar Library, 3917 Daugherty Road, Salem, VA, 24153
- Vinton Library, 300 S. Pollard Street, Vinton, VA, 24179
The Treasurer’s Office ensures the fiscal integrity of public funds and provides customer service for the billing and payment of the following:
- Dog / cat licenses
- Parking tickets
- Personal property taxes
- Real estate taxes
Duties & Objectives
- Additional Collections of Dog and Cat licenses, Parking Tickets, Department Invoices and Business Licenses.
- Billing and collection of current real estate and personal property taxes - Real estate taxes consist of over 84,000 bills annually and are billed in two halves. Current personal property taxes consist of over 115,000 bills annually.
- The Billing and collection of Delinquent Real Estate and Personal Property taxes. Delinquent billings are prepared and mailed 2 times a year.
- Chief Investment Officer for the County of Roanoke, the Treasurer oversees the County Investment Policy striving for the highest and safest investment returns while maintaining compliance with the Security for Public Funds Investment Act of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Pursuit of all other delinquent debt owed to the County of Roanoke.
- Reconciliation of all depository bank accounts for the County of Roanoke, other various departments, and external auditors.