Roanoke County Human Resources has created this website so that we can share benefit updates, announcements, events, and other general information with Roanoke County Retirees.
Events and Announcements
There are no new events or announcements at this time.
Retiree Benefits Information
Below you will find information regarding the 2022-2023 plan year for Roanoke County Retiree insurance effective July 1, 2022. As a retiree, you can cancel or reduce coverage tiers on health and/or dental insurance at any time, however, dependents may not be added to your plan. No action is required if you do not wish to make changes to your health or dental plan.
Previously, we asked for retirees to provide email information in order to receive future communications through email. Those who elected to provide this information have received this information via email. From this point forward, retirees who provide an email address will receive future communications via email and will no longer receive information through the United State Postal Service. You may contact Human Resources at anytime to make a change to your contact information or request paper copies of information by calling 540-772-2018 or by email.
2022-2023 Plan Year Updates
The following information only applies to you if you are currently participating on one or more of the below retiree benefit plans.
- Health Insurance
- Premiums remain the same.
- Preventative services have been expanded to include the diagnosis of certain chronic conditions.
- Continuous glucose monitors are no longer covered under the health insurance as "durable medical equipment"; however, they will continue to be covered under the prescription plan.
- Wellness Incentive - The wellness Incentive information only applies to those currently participating on the Roanoke County Retiree Health Insurance plan.
- If you were engaged in the Wellness Program on December 1, 2021, you will receive the Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) incentive July 1, 2022. The time frame to complete the 3-Steps to Wellness for the July 1, 2023 HRA incentive was expanded to 18 months. You and your spouse, if applicable, will have from December 1, 2021 to May 31, 2023 to complete your 3-Steps for the July 1, 2023 HRA incentive.
- Effective July 1, 2023, the 3-Steps required to become engaged in the Wellness Program will return to the pre-pandemic process. At that time, the steps completed in one plan year will count towards the Wellness Incentive for the next plan year.
- If you are not currently engaged in the Wellness Program, you must complete the 3-Steps to wellness to receive the HRA incentive. You will receive a prorated incentive upon completion of your 3-Steps and this may also qualify you for the full incentive beginning on July 1, 2023, dependent upon when you and your spouse complete the 3-Steps. You and your spouse, if applicable, will qualify for the full HRA incentive if you complete your steps prior to May 31, 2023.
- Dental Insurance
- Retiree Dental Insurance renews each January. The rate chart below will be updated if there is a change to the Retiree Dental Insurance premiums.
Roanoke County's retiree health insurance is offered through Anthem. Prescription drug coverage is offered through WellDyne RX. The health plan offered is KeyCare 1000 with a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA). The HRA is administered by Flexible Benefits Administrators. If you are enrolled in the retiree health insurance plan, you also have a Blue View Vision plan included at no additional cost to you.
The current monthly retiree health insurance rates are shown below. Prescription Drug Coverage is included with your Health Insurance plan at no additional cost.
The Retiree Health Insurance rates shown below are effective July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
|20+ Years of Service||15-19 Years of Service||10-14 Years of Service|
Retiree Plus 1 Minor
Retiree Plus Spouse
- Anthem KeyCare 1000 Benefits Summary
- Anthem KeyCare 1000 Overview Chart
- Anthem KeyCare 1000 Preventive Care Flyer
- Retiree Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) Frequently Asked questions
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) Retiree Guide
- HRA Web Access Flyer
- WellDyne RX Summary of Benefits
- WellDyne RX FAQs
Roanoke County partners with Marathon Health for the management of our Wellness Program. The Wellness Program began because of our desire to help participants lead healthier lives and to stabilize the increasing costs of health care. Retirees and spouses who are enrolled in the County's health insurance plan are eligible to use the onsite health center and access all other services provided by Marathon. Participation is completely confidential as the County does NOT have access to any of your personal health information.
Once you are engaged in the Wellness Program, you will receive an incentive to help offset your insurance costs. The incentive is a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) funded by Roanoke County.
The retiree must complete Marathon's 3-Steps to Wellness in order to receive the HRA Contribution. Your spouse, if covered on the health insurance plan, must also complete the 3-Steps to Wellness in order to receive an additional HRA contribution.
|Coverage Level||Prorated Retiree HRA||Prorated Spouse HRA|
|Retiree Plus 1 Minor||$1,000||-|
|Retiree Plus Spouse||$500||$500|
|Family (no spouse)||$1,000||-|
|Family (with spouse)||$500||$500|
Roanoke County's retiree dental insurance is offered through Delta Dental of Virginia. The plan offered is Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier, which covers dental and preventative services such as x-rays, cleanings, and oral exams.
The Retiree Dental Insurance rates shown below are effective January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
|Coverage Tier||Monthly Premium|
|Retiree Plus 1 (spouse OR dependent)||$82.26|