Got Drugs? Turn in your unused and expired prescription medications at this fall's Prescription Drug Take Back event, Saturday, October 26.
No appointment is necessary and the public is welcome to come by and drop off medications for safe collection and destruction by local law enforcement and DEA agents.
Bring in your unused medications and help keep prescription medications out of the hands of children and out of our local water system. Prescription drugs that are flushed down into the sewers are a growing source of polution and contamination.
Roanoke County locations include:
- Tanglewood Mall Kroger,
- Bonsack Kroger on Route 460 East,
- Kroger on Brambleton Avenue at Colonial Avenue,
- Fire and Rescue Station #1 on the Hershberger Road
Other locations across the valley are
- Roanoke City - Target (new location this year)
- Botetourt County - Daleville Kroger
- Craig County - IGA Grocery
- Salem - Salem Police Department
- Vinton - Hardy Road Kroger
The Fall 2013 Prescription Drug Take Back Day is sponsored by Roanoke Area Youth Substance Abuse Coalition, Western Virginia Water Authority; U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Prevention Council of Roanoke County, Roanoke Police Department, Roanoke County Sheriff’s Department, Salem Police Department, Botetourt County Sheriff’s Department, Roanoke Valley Academy of Medicine, Roanoke County Police Department, Vinton Police Department, U.S. Attorney’s Office Western District of Virginia.