Contact: Ofc. J. Teubert
Roanoke County Police Department
• Type of Crash: Single Vehicle Crash
• Date of Crash: 11/11/13 Time of Crash: 0438
• Location of Crash: Merriman at Chaparral
• Investigating Officer: J. Teubert
• Victim Name(s): Danial Wayne Buckner, Jefferson Cody Elliott
• Victim Age: 18, 20
• Victim Residence Location: Buckner-Franklin Co, Elliott SW Roanoke Co
• Suspect Name(s): Not Released
• Suspect Age: Juvenile
• Suspect Residence Location: Not Released
• Charges if Applicable: Under Investigation
• The road was blocked to traffic
• Alcohol and/or drugs See Narrative
• Seatbelts were not worn by the victim(s).
• Weather was not a factor in the crash.
• Additional Remarks: At approximately 0438 hrs on todays date Roanoke County Police responded to a single vehicle crash in the 5900 block of Merriman Rd. Upon arrival Officers observed an overturned vehicle with two occupant still inside the vehilce, one occupant had been ejected and one managed to exit the vehilce on his own. The vehicle with a total of four occupants had been traveling west bound on Merriman Road at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control. The vehicle then traveled off the right side of the roadway at which point it became airborn and struck a power pole then came to rest on the roof of the vehicle. Danial Wayne Buckner and Jefferson Cody Elliot were deceased on scene due to injuries sustained in the crash. The juvenile driver was transported to RMH where he is currently in critical condition. Another juvenile passenger did not require medical treatment at the scene. Speed is believed to be the causing factor and it is undetermined whether or not drugs or alcohol were involved. The accident continues to be under investigation, no futher information can be released at this time.