Take a deep dive into Roanoke County's proposed budget for the coming 2016-2017 fiscal year! On March 8, 2016, Roanoke County's Administrator Thomas Gates presented a proposed FY2016-2017 Operating Budget to the Board of Supervisors.
Get started by downloading the full FY2016-2017 proposed budget or pick up a copy at your local Roanoke County Public Library branch.
You can submit comments and suggestions about the budget directly to our Management & Budget staff on our webpage at www.roanokecountyva.gov/budgetinfo , or see the important upcoming Board of Supervisors meeting dates below for opportunities to share your thoughts.
Next steps in the Budget Development process...
- March 22, 2016 - Public hearing on the proposed FY2016-2017 Budget at the Board of Supervisors meeting. Resolution to establish the maximum tax rate.
- April 12, 2016 - Resolution to adopt the FY2017 tax rate.
- April 26, 2016 - Work session with the Board of Supervisors to discuss FY2017 Budget recommendations.
- May 10, 2016 - 1st Reading of Ordinance to Adopt and Appropriate Funds FY2017 Operating and Capital Budget.
- May 24, 2016 - 2nd Reading of Ordinance to Adopt and Appropriate Funds FY2017 Operating and Capital Budget.