(Effective March 27, 2020) The Supreme Court of Virginia issued an Order extending the dates of modified and/or suspended services through April 26, 2020.
See the Order dated March 27, 2020.
(March 17, 2020) In response to concerns about the health and safety of court personnel and the public arising out of potential exposure to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Chief Judges of all state courts in Roanoke City, Roanoke County, and Salem City announced that while the courts will remain open, operations will be reduced and access to the courthouses will be restricted.
Many in-court proceedings have been suspended per the Order dated March 16, 2020. The Courts have further encouraged restricted access to the courthouse which will remain in place through at least April 10.
For the most current information about the schedules for Courts in the 23rd Judicial Circuit and District, please check the individual Court websites at http://www.courts.state.va.us/main.htm.
**For additional information about all Roanoke County services, people are encouraged to visit www.roanokecountyva.gov/coronavirus.**
Roanoke County Circuit Court
- Circuit Court will continue to hear cases, unless defendants are otherwise notified.
- Circuit Court Clerk’s Office remains open at this time, with any changes to services listed at https://www.roanokecountyva.gov/2618/COVID-19-Updates.
- For more information, please call 540-387-6205.
Roanoke County General District Court
- Arraignment and Bond hearings of persons in custody will be held via video. Arraignments for individuals not in custody will be set out to April 10 or beyond as well as other cases identified in the March 16, 2020 Order and new subpoenas will be issued.
- The General District Court Clerk’s Office remains open at this time.
- For more information, please call 540-387-6168.
Roanoke County Juvenile & Domestic Court
- Juvenile & Domestic Court is following the directive of the March 16, 2020 Order as well as setting arraignments off until April 10 or beyond.
- The Juvenile and Domestic Court Clerk’s Office remains open at this time.
- For more information, please call 540-387-6156.
- Jail lobby will remain open for access to the magistrate’s office.
- Video visitation from the jail lobby to inmates is still available. Video visitation with inmates using the internet is available.
- For more information, please call 540-283-3145.