(Roanoke County, VA - July 1, 2020) Beginning July 1, Roanoke County will begin providing additional services to the public as part of its reopening plan under Phase 3. All County buildings have been closed to the public since March, with some services being provided by appointments or online.
The public is encouraged to continue utilizing services by phone, email, or online. A complete list of services can be found on the Roanoke County website at www.roanokecountyva.gov/modifiedservices. Below are a few notable changes to public services under Phase 3:
- The Administration Center will be open to the public Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for those needing to pay taxes, apply for building permits and business licenses, and submit development plans. A payment dropbox is also available in the parking lot for tax payments. Information about paying taxes online is available on the Treasurer’s web page.
- Public Libraries will remain closed but books may be returned in outdoor receptacles. Patrons can put items on hold via the online portal or by calling the library at (540) 777-8781. Curbside material pick-up is now available at all libraries. Electronic resources are available on the web at https://www.roanokecountyva.gov/library.
- Green Ridge Recreation Center and Brambleton Center will be open but with limited hours. Shelter, park and athletic field rentals are available. Visit www.roanokecountyparks.com for more details about recreation center hours and online shelter reservations.
- The lobby of the Department of Social Services is closed to the public through July 2. The drive-thru in the back of the building is available for in-person service or by calling to schedule an in-person appointment. The lobby will reopen on Monday, July 6, from 10 am - 3 pm only. Social Services is requesting that clients wear a face-covering when entering the building or when meeting with staff. For more information, contact Social Services at 540-387-6087.
- The Department of Elections is now located at the Craig Center at 900 Chestnut Street in the Town of Vinton. The building will remain closed at this time but curbside services are available by appointment. For more information call 540-772-7500 or email email@example.com.
For a complete listing of Roanoke County’s services under Phase 3, see our Modified Services web page.