The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has issued voting guidance in an effort to preserve public health and safety.
The Virginia Department of Elections encourages voters to consider alternative options for voting in the November 2020 elections. In general, the more closely people interact with each other and the longer that interaction lasts, the higher the risk of COVID-19 spread. The best way to avoid becoming infected is to avoid being exposed to the virus altogether. This is particularly important for people at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19. There are many options for voting this year that can reduce your interaction with other people, including absentee or early voting.
>> Download the VDH Voting Guidance (PDF)
Roanoke County voters have several options for voting this year, including
(1) Vote Absentee By Mail or Drop Off Your Completed Ballot at any of the following locations:
- The Elections Office at 900 Chestnut Street in Vinton,
- Brambleton Center located at 3738 Brambleton Avenue,
- Public Service Center at 1206 Kessler Mill Road, or
- Hollins Library located at 6624 Peters Creek Road.
(2) Vote Early In Person at
- The Elections Office at 900 Chestnut Street in Vinton, or
- Brambleton Center located at 3738 Brambleton Avenue.
(3) Vote at Your Precinct on Election Day.
>> Learn more about your voting options for the November 3rd General Election.