Contact: Teresa Hall
Roanoke County Police Department
• Type of Crash: Crash involving Pedestrian or Cyclist
• Date of Crash: 02-11-2012 Time of Crash: 11:40 a.m.
• Location of Crash: 4420 Electric Rd., Roanoke, Va.
• Investigating Officer: N.L.Maxey
• Victim Name(s):
• Victim Age: 68
• Victim Residence Location: Roanoke City
• Suspect Name(s):
• Suspect Age:
• Suspect Residence Location:
• Charges if Applicable: No charges
• The road was blocked to traffic
• Alcohol and/or drugs were not a factor.
• Seatbelts N/A
• Weather was not a factor in the crash.
• Additional Remarks: Roanoke County Police Department investigated a traffic crash involving a pedestrian. The pedestrian is a 68 year old white male, resident of Roanoke City. The male subject was crossing Electric Rd. in front of Tanglewood Mall at Wendy's. He was observed on the concrete median waiting to cross the southbound lanes of travel. The subject stepped out into oncoming traffic and was struck by a vehicle in motion. The subject then struck another vehicle, which was stationary, due to traffic. The pedestrian was transported to Roanoke Memorial Hospital for injuries sustained.