Contact: Teresa Hall
Roanoke County Police Department
• Incident: Breaking and Entering/ Abduction
• Date of Incident: 6/18/12 Time of Incident: 11:17 pm
• Location of Incident: 7500 Block Franklin Road Roanoke County
• Investigating Officer: Det. A. Morris
• Victim Name(s):
• Victim Age:
• Victim Residence Location:
• Suspect Name(s): Smith, Scott Eugene
• Suspect Age: 38
• Suspect Residence Location: Roanoke County
• Charges if Applicable:
• Arrests Information: The suspect is being held in jail without bond.
• Anyone with information is asked to call
• Additional Remarks: On June 18, 2012, at 11:17pm, Roanoke County Police responded to the 7500 block of Franklin Road in Roanoke County in reference to a breaking and entering. After arriving on scene it was discovered that the victim had been held against their will and assaulted. The Suspect was reported to be armed with a gun and still in the area. The Roanoke County SWAT Team was activated and responded to the scene. At 0137, on June 19, 2012, SWAT Officers located Mr. Smith hiding in a wooded section in the area of the incident. The Suspect was identified as Scott Eugene Smith (Age 38), of Roanoke County. Mr. Smith was arrested on outstanding warrants unrelated to this Incident. Roanoke County Police are continuing to investigate this incident.