Tomorrow July 7th has been forecast an Air Quality Action Day for high Ozone levels by the Virginia DEQ. Help reduce ozone in our community by taking these steps:
1. Refuel vehicles and equipment before 8 AM and after 5 PM.
2. Don’t top-off the tank, avoid spills and use care with gas cans.
3. Open burning is banned in Roanoke County on Ozone Action Days.
4. Report observed open burning to the Fire Marshall.
5. Use of gasoline or diesel powered lawn and maintenance equipment is prohibited except on an emergency basis.
6. Do not use solvents, spray paint, spray cans and pesticides.
7. Do not allow vehicles to idle more than 15 seconds.
8. Do not use drive-in windows.
9. Car-pool, bike or walk to work if possible.
10. Car-pool to meetings and plan trips to reduce driving.