Contact: Teresa Hall
Roanoke County Police Department
Date: October 3, 2012
• Type of Crash: Two Vehicle Crash
• Date of Crash: October 3, 2012 Time of Crash: 2:46 PM
• Location of Crash: Electric Road @ Colonial Ave.
• Investigating Officer: S.P. Chuyka
• Victim Name(s): McBride, Wes
• Victim Age: 39
• Victim Residence Location: Rocky Mount, VA.
• Suspect Name(s): Dixon, Doris
• Suspect Age: 79
• Suspect Residence Location: Roanoke Co., VA.
• Charges if Applicable: Pending
• The road was blocked to traffic
• Alcohol and/or drugs were not a factor.
• Seatbelts information listed in narrative.
• Weather was not a factor in the crash.
• Additional Remarks: A motor vehicle crash occurred in the County of Roanoke on Wednesday October 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM. This crash occurred at the intersection of Electric Rd. and Colonial Ave. A 2004 Chevrolet Colorado that was driven by Wes McBride (wearing a seatbelt) was travelling southbound on Electric Rd. As the truck approached the intersection with Colonial Ave., a 2004 Toyota Camry driven by Doris Dixon (not wearing a seatbelt) turned left from northbound Electric Rd. into the path of the truck. The truck struck the right passenger side of the Toyota with significant impact. The crash resulted in both drivers being transported to local hospitals. Southbound Electric Rd. as well as Colonial Ave. (near North Cross School) was closed to traffic for almost 2 hours. The crash remains under investigation.