- When you see fire and/or smoke
- When you or someone with you is in danger
- When you see a crime in progress or a crime that has just occurred
- When you believe an ambulance is needed because someone is injured or ill
- When someone is trying to gain access to your residence
- When someone suspicious is prowling around your house or neighbor's residence
Remember: 9-1-1 is to be used for emergencies only.
For non-emergency police, fire or medical requests, dial 540-562-3265. For other non-emergencies, consult your telephone directory for the appropriate number for the agency you wish to contact. If you do not have a telephone directory, dial 4-1-1 for directory assistance.