When not to call 911:
- To request weather reports or road conditions
- To report power outages and/or phone repairs
- To ask for directions and/or road names
- To request general information regarding a report you filed
- To report keys locked in vehicles (unless someone is trapped inside)
- To request an ambulance for the purpose of a non-emergency routine transport
- To request general information, including business closing times, Halloween trick or treat times, parade times, etc.
Remember: 911 is to be used for emergencies only.
For non-emergency police, fire, or medical requests, dial 540-562-3265. For other non-emergencies, consult your telephone directory for the appropriate number for the agency you wish to contact. If you do not have a telephone directory, dial 4-1-1 for directory assistance.