- Plans & Area Studies
- Hollins Area Plan
Hollins Area Plan
The Hollins Area Plan was adopted by the Roanoke County Board of Supervisors on November 11, 2008, to determine means by which to improve upon the established commercial, industrial, residential and institutional foundations of the Hollins Study Area.
Hollins Area Plan Document
Cover, Acknowledgments, Table of Contents and Plan Text (PDF)
Appendix A: Maps (PDF)
Appendix B: Documents (PDF)
The Hollins Area Plan study area encompasses 728 acres in the northeastern portion of Roanoke County. The limits of the Hollins study area are Interstate 81 to the north, Botetourt County to the east; frontage parcels on Plantation Road to the west and frontage parcels on Williamson Road to the south. View a map of the Hollins Area Plan Study Area (PDF).
Grant Applications and Studies
- Several components of the Plantation Road Bicycle, Pedestrian and Streetscape Improvement Project have been awarded approximately $5.5 million in federal, state and local funding.
- The Plantation Road Corridor Study (PDF) has been utilized in the design of the Plantation Road Project.
- The Tinker Creek Greenway between Interstate 81 and Carvins Cove Natural Reserve (PDF) on Hollins University property is complete and a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held in October, 2012.
- A Tinker Creek Master Plan planning effort is underway to determine where the greenway will be located between Wise Avenue in the City of Roanoke and the proposed Daleville Greenway in Botetourt County. The working group includes the City of Roanoke, Botetourt County, Roanoke County, the Roanoke Valley Greenway Commission and the Roanoke Valley Alleghany Regional Commission.
- Friendship Retirement Community and the Williamson Road Area Business Association (WRABA) have sponsored additional landscaping at the intersection of Williamson Road and Peters Creek Road with five years of maintenance. A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held on April 24, 2013.
- Friendship and WRABA also adopted the landscaping on the northern side of the Williamson Road/Plantation Road intersection. Pictured at the Dedication Ceremony held on June 21, 2012, are (from left) Megan Cronise, Roanoke County; Russ Barksdale, Friendship; Charlotte Moore, Roanoke County Supervisor; Wendy Jones, WRABA; Tara Pattisall, Roanoke County and Danna Owen, Friendship.
- Pedestrian signals and crosswalks have been installed at the intersection of Williamson Road and Plantation Road.
For additional information on the Hollins Area Plan, please contact Megan Cronise, Principal Planner, at (540) 772-2106.