About Sheriff Orange
Sheriff Orange is a native of the Roanoke Valley and after a brief time away with the U.S. Army, returned here to raise his family. Sheriff Orange has served the Valley in public safety since 2001 and takes great pride in the opportunity to now serve as the Sheriff of Roanoke County.
As a forward thinking and service oriented Sheriff, Sheriff Orange is focused on community outreach and public involvement at all levels. Sheriff Orange along with his wife Beverly coaches youth basketball and their family is very involved with their local church.
Public Safety & Perception
Sheriff Orange believes that his years of experience in Law Enforcement and Corrections along with his desire to serve will help bring about positive change in public safety as well as public perception of law enforcement and corrections. Sheriff Orange welcomes community input and asks that citizens not hesitate to contact him with questions or community involvement opportunities.
- U.S. Army MP School Graduate
- Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy
- Roanoke Police Academy
- VWCC AS Criminal Justice Services
- Liberty University BS Interdisciplinary Studies
- Richmond University's Professional Executive Leadership School Northwestern University's School of Police Staff and Command
- Certified School Resource Officer
- Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Firearms and Patrol Rifle Instructor
- Former Crime Prevention Specialist
- Law Fit Instructor
- Patrol Bike Certified
Military Training & Awards
- Primary Leadership Development, Basic NCO Course
- Army Achievement Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Meritorious Service Medal
"My goal is to provide the citizens of Roanoke County with the highest quality of service we can throughout all aspects of our job, be it Courts and Corrections security or through educational and Public safety projects."